Learn why Key Management forms the basis of all data security.
Blockchains use asymmetric cryptography to ensure the authenticity and integrity of transactions stored on the distributed ledger. An attacker with access to the private key of a blockchain account can steal cryptocurrency and interact with smart contracts on its behalf. Enroll in this course to learn best practices for managing blockchain account keys.
Questions We’ll Explore
- What are the benefits of asymmetric cryptography?
- How do blockchain and public key cryptography work?
- Do ‘cold’ and ‘hot’ wallets differ?
- Whare are key generation best practices?
- Why is private key security important?
- How does private key security fail?
- How are exchanges and online wallets both a benefit and risk?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 3 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 3 Hours
- LIVE Online: 2 Hours+
- Tuition: $99
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hours||LIVE Online (optional)|
|Key Management||3 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Live Instructor AMA - bi-monthly||1 Hour+||LIVE Online (optional)|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, September 29, 2023...September 29 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Web3 Student Orientation Attend the Blockchain Student Orientation to set yourself up for success. W...November 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, November 3, 2023, ...November 3 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, November 17, 2023 ...November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, December 8, 2023 1...December 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Key Management Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Understand the underlying theory behind public key cryptography
Explore applications of asymmetric cryptography in blockchain
Compare the various methods of private key generation
Contrast various private key storage methodologies
Articulate common cryptographic key management mistakes
Certificate of Completion – Key Management – 3 Hours
Knowledge gained on Focus Area Certification Exam Competencies:
- 25% towards W3CB Blockchain Security Professional Certification Exam (Level 2, v2023)
No prior blockchain or computer programming experience required.
Anyone interested in learning more about keys or digital wallets.
Sample Course Content
Module 1: Key Management Overview
- Introduction to Key Management
- Public Key Cryptography
Module 2: Key Generation
Module 3: Key Management and Storage
- Key Management and Storage
- Wallets Types
Module 4: Risks
- Risks of Poor Private Key Security
- Third-Party Key Storage
Bundled Certificate Programs Related to The Course
- Dates: Rolling Enrollment
- Location: OnDemand & LIVE Online
- Tuition: $99
- Tuition Assistance
- 3 Total Hours
- Module Quizzes and Knowledge Checks
- Guest Lectures & Networking
- Student Orientation
- LIVE Online Instructor AMAs
- Certification Exam Prep
Course content covers 25% of the Focus Area Certification Exam Competencies for the Web3 Certification Board (W3CB) Blockchain Security Professional Level 2 2023 Certification.
- AI Essentials
- Web3 Foundations
- Blockchain Foundations
- Blockchain & Bitcoin Intensive
- Exam Voucher: W3CB Web3 Foundations Certification Exam
- Key Management
- Blockchain Security
- Smart Contract Security
- Exam Voucher: W3CB Blockchain Government Advisor Certification Exam