Data Protection Regulation: GDPR, CPRA/CCPA
Data Protection Regulation: GDPR, CPRA/CCPA
This program on Data Privacy will provide a comprehensive understanding of the critical data privacy laws and regulations that impact organizations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), and the Digital Services Act (DSA) and the Digital Markets Act (DMA).
Throughout the program, participants will learn about the critical requirements of these laws, including data collection and use, data security, data breaches, and consumer rights. They will also learn about the specific obligations of organizations under these laws and how to implement effective compliance measures.
The program will be divided into modules, each focusing on a specific aspect of data privacy. These modules will cover topics such as data collection, data use, data security, data breaches, consumer rights, and the specific obligations of organizations under these laws.
Participants will also learn about the specific provisions of the DSA and DMA, which are still under development, and how to prepare for compliance with these laws.
Throughout the program, participants can apply the concepts and strategies learned to real-world scenarios and case studies. The program will include interactive discussions, group exercises, and assessments to ensure that participants thoroughly understand the material covered.
Courses in this Certificate Program
- Total Hours: 5
- LIVE Online: 5 Hours+
- Tuition: $249
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hour||LIVE Online (optional)|
|Data Protection Regulation: GDPR, CPRA/CCPA||5 Hours||LIVE Online|
|LIVE Instructor AMA - bi-monthly||1 Hour+||LIVE Online (optional)|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, December 22, 2023 ...December 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Prerequisites and Target Audience
This program on Data Privacy does not require any specific prerequisites. It’s designed for professionals who want a deeper understanding of data privacy laws and regulations and their impact on organizations. The program will be beneficial for professionals working in a variety of roles and industries, including:
- Legal professionals
- Compliance professionals
- IT professionals
- Data protection officers
- Human resources professionals
- Business and marketing professionals
- Risk management professionals
- Public relations professionals
- Government and regulatory affairs professionals
- Information security professionals
Participants should have a basic understanding of data privacy concepts and be interested in understanding the legal and regulatory frameworks governing data privacy.
It’s also important to note that this program is designed to be accessible to people with different backgrounds and will provide the necessary knowledge for those new to data privacy and compliance.
The objectives of this program on Data Privacy are:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of critical data privacy laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), and the Digital Services Act (DSA) and the Digital Markets Act (DMA)
- Educate participants on these laws’ critical requirements, including data collection and use, data security, data breaches, and consumer rights.
- To equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement effective compliance measures within their organizations.
- To provide participants with the information and tools, they must prepare for the DSA, DMA, and other upcoming laws.
- To develop participants’ ability to analyze and apply data privacy laws and regulations to real-world scenarios and case studies.
- To build participants’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills in the context of data privacy and compliance.
- To allow participants to network with peers and industry experts to share knowledge and experiences.
Upon completing this program, participants will deeply understand the legal and regulatory frameworks governing data privacy. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage data privacy and compliance within their organizations effectively. They will also be able to prepare for the DSA, DMA, and other upcoming laws and analyze and apply data privacy laws and regulations to real-world scenarios and case studies.
Certificate of Completion – Data Protection Regulation: GDPR, CPRA/CCPA – 5 Hours
Course Content Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Data Privacy and GDPR
- Overview of data privacy laws and regulations
- Understanding the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its key provisions
- Identifying personal data and GDPR’s territorial scope
- Role of data protection officer and GDPR’s fines and penalties
Module 2: GDPR Compliance
- GDPR’s principles of data processing
- GDPR’s rights of data subjects
- GDPR’s accountability and governance requirements
- GDPR’s data security and data breach notification requirements
Module 3: Module: Understanding the Digital Services Act (DSA)
- Overview of the Digital Services Act (DSA) and its key provisions
- Identifying the scope of the DSA and how it applies to organizations
- Understanding the DSA’s obligations for online platforms and digital services providers
- DSA’s provisions for removing illegal content online, including hate speech and terrorist content
- DSA’s provisions for ensuring online safety, including measures to protect children from harmful content
- DSA’s provisions for tackling disinformation and ensuring transparency of online political advertising
- How to comply with the DSA’s rules and requirements
Module 4: Understanding the Digital Markets Act (DMA)
- Overview of the Digital Markets Act (DMA) and its key provisions
- Identifying the scope of the DMA and how it applies to organizations
- Understanding the DMA’s definition of gatekeepers and how it applies to companies
- DMA’s provisions for preventing harmful practices such as self-preferencing, discriminatory treatment and margin squeeze
- DMA’s provisions for ensuring fair and open access to services and data
- DMA’s provisions for preventing gatekeepers to leverage their market power to the detriment of businesses and consumers
- Understanding the role of the regulatory authority established to monitor and enforce compliance
- How to comply with the DMA’s rules and requirements
Module 5: CPRA and CCPA
- Overview of the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
- Understanding the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Identifying the similarities and differences between GDPR, CPRA and CCPA
- How to comply with CPRA and CCPA
Module 6: Other US State Privacy Laws
- US State Privacy Laws
Module 7: Blockchain and Web3: Data Protection and Privacy
- Overview of blockchain technology and the web3 ecosystem
- Understanding the unique challenges and opportunities that blockchain and web3 present for data protection and privacy
- Analysis of the key features of blockchain technology that impact data protection and privacy, such as immutability, decentralization, and transparency
- Identifying the different types of data that can be stored on a blockchain, and the privacy implications of each
- Discussion of current privacy solutions for blockchain and web3, such as zero-knowledge proofs and homomorphic encryption
- Analysis of the regulatory landscape for blockchain and web3, including existing laws and proposed regulations
- Best practices for data protection and privacy in a blockchain and web3 context, including data minimization, access controls, and monitoring
- Case studies and practical exercises to apply the concepts and strategies learned in real-world scenarios
Module 8: Data Privacy in Practice
- Best practices for data privacy compliance
- Implementing data privacy policies and procedures
- Conducting data privacy impact assessments
- Handling data subject access requests
Module 9: Data Privacy in the Future
- Understanding upcoming data privacy regulations
- Discussing data privacy trends and challenges
- Preparing for future data privacy developments
- Review of the program and next steps for ongoing data privacy compliance
Bundled certification programs related to this course:
- October 24, 2023
- LIVE Online
- Tuition: $249
- Tuition Assistance
- 5 Total Hours
- Module Quizzes and Knowledge Checks
- Guest Lectures & Networking
- Student Orientation
- LIVE Online Instructor AMAs
- Certification Exam Prep
This course provides education toward many Web3 Certification Board (W3CB) Focus Areas Certification Exam Competencies.
This Data Protection Regulation course is part of the following Certification programs.
Certified Blockchain Enterprise Advocate
Certified Blockchain Enterprise Professional
Certified Blockchain Legal & Regulatory Professional
Certified Blockchain Financial Analyst
Certified Blockchain HealthTech Professional
Certified Blockchain Insurance Professional
Certified Blockchain Accounting Professional
Certified Blockchain Supply Chain Professional
Certified Blockchain Project Manager
Certified Blockchain Government Advisor