Certified Ethereum Developer
Certified Ethereum Developer
Become a Solidty Smart Contract and DAPP Developer and earn more!
The Certified Ethereum Developer course is for existing developers who wish to understand how to create Smart Contracts and develop Ethereum-based decentralized applications (“dApps”). This live instructor-led developer course comprises three workshops: Ethereum Enterprise Strategist, Ethereum Smart Contract, and Ethereum Developer. The course gives a top-down view of all critical aspects of Ethereum, including an overview of how the Ethereum Blockchain works, how it is different from traditional architecture, setting up a working environment of new developer tools, and how to create Smart Contracts and DApps. Students learn Solidity, the primary language for creating Smart Contracts on Ethereum. After learning how to write, deploy, test, and interact with Smart Contract, you use real hands-on examples simulating real running protocols. Graduating students will connect Smart Contracts to a user interface, illustrating their ability to develop sophisticated dApps (Decentralized Applications).
QUESTIONS WE’LL EXPLORE
- How will Blockchain impact my industry and Career?
- Who are the participants in a Blockchain project?
- What is Blockchain governance in practice?
- Will transitioning to Blockchain be difficult for my team?
- What is Solidity?
- What is Truffle for Ethereum?
- What are ERC20, ERC-721, ERC223, and other Smart Contract standards?
- How do you connect a Smart Contract to a user interface?
- Funding transactions and what happens when a transaction runs out of funds called gas?
- What’s the most commonly used Ethereum development framework?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 30 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 20 Hours
- LIVE Instructor: 10 Hours
- Tuition: $1,195
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hours||Live Online|
|Ethereum Enterprise Strategist||5 Hours||OnDemand Instructor Supported|
|Solidity Smart Contract Development (EVM)||15 Hours||OnDemand Instructor Supported|
|Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM)||5 Hours||Live Online Workshop|
|Ethereum Developer - DApp Workshop||5 Hours||Live Online Workshop|
|Live Instructor AMA - Weekly||5 Hours (optional)||Live Online Instructor Led|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Blockchain Student Orientation 1 PM EST
Attend the Blockchain Student Orientation to set yourself up for success. Join your blockchain stude...June 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Ethereum Developer DApp Workshop
Ethereum Developer DApp Workshop The instructor-led live Ethereum Developer DApp Workshop provides y...June 6 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Ethereum Enterprise Strategist Workshop
Understand the fundamentals of Blockchain, smart contracts, and consensus protocols.
Recognize the difference between public vs. private chains, and evaluate which type best suits enterprise aims.
Recall and compare various Blockchain use cases in different sectors;
Construct a strategy to make use of the Ethereum Blockchain
Understand the fundamentals of Blockchain, Ethereum, smart contracts, and consensus protocols.
Recall and compare various Ethereum Blockchain use cases in different sectors.
Construct a strategy to make use of the Ethereum Blockchain.
Solidity Smart Contract Workshop
Solidity Development Language
Data Types & Functions
Wallets, Addresses & Payments
Programming in Solidity using Remix
Remix Console and Modules
Developing the First Contract, summing integers
Working with addresses
Using enums to work with state conditions
Using structs to create custom data types
Making payments to other users
Transfer Ether based on conditions
Use ERC-20 standard to create fungible tokens
Use the ERC-721 standard to create non-fungible tokens.
Create a Decentralized Application (DApp)
Build an Ethereum-based DApp running as a web application.
Ethereum Developer – DApp Workshop
RC20, ERC-72, ERC223 and other standards
Token issuance mechanisms
Identity management systems (uport, civic etc.)
Wallets and multisig
Using web3.js library
Connecting your app to an Ethereum node
Architectural considerations – how and when to use the Blockchain
Building the proper framework for displaying and receiving information to/from the user
Certificate of Completion
Eligible for Blockchain Certification Association (BCA) Certification Exam
- Ethereum Developer Certification
- Exam fee is included in your tuition
All software developers should consider learning Ethereum and Solidity.
Sample Course Content
Module 1: Basic Concepts and Configuring a Working Environment
- The origin of the blockchain and its basic working mechanism
- Consensus and the blockchain. How to agree on things
- Asymmetric (key) encryption
- Transactions and scripts
- How the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) works. Storage, transactions, OP_CODES etc
- Installing and configuring Remix and the truffle framework
- Creating a private blockchain using testRPC and parity
- Working with RPC and HTTP requests
- Using truffle to deploy smart contracts and run tests
- Writing tests for our smart contracts
- Using nodeJS as the back of our app
Module 2: Introduction to Solidity
- The smart contract as an object on the Blockchain
- Variables, types, arrays, mapping, memory and storage
- Inheritance and classes. Interaction between contracts, calls and libraries
- Functions, constructors, modifiers and control flow
- In-line assembly
- Security considerations
Module 3: Exploring Smart Contracts and Ethereum Protocols
- ERC20, ERC-72, ERC223 and other Smart Contract standards
- Token issuance mechanisms
- Identity management systems (uport, civic etc.)
- Token exchanges
- Wallets and multisig
Module 4: Finalizing Your App:
- Using web3.js library
- Connecting your app to an Ethereum node
- Architectural considerations – how and when to use the Blockchain
- Building the proper framework for displaying and receiving information to/from the user
Bundled Certificate Programs Related to The Course
- Dates: Rolling Enrollment
- Location: LIVE Online Instructor Led
- Tuition: $1,195
- Tuition Assistance
- 30 Total Hours
More Course DetailsUpcoming LIVE Workshop
Exam Voucher Included
- Kindle or in Print