Smart Contract Security
Smart Contract Security brings trust
One of the main reasons behind organizations using smart contracts technology is its strong security posture. It acts as a lawyer (with an agreement) between two parties involved in a transaction. Enroll in the Smart Contract Security course to learn more.
Smart contracts extend the functionality of the blockchain by allowing programs to run on top of the distributed ledger. However, as smart contracts become more common and powerful, vulnerabilities in these contracts have far-reaching implications. Enroll in this course to learn about common smart contract vulnerabilities and how to identify and remediate them.
Questions We’ll Explore
- Why is smart contract security difficult?
- What vulnerabilities do smart contracts share with other programs?
- How does the design of the blockchain affect smart contract security?
- What vulnerabilities exist in particular smart contract platforms?
- How does DeFi create new potential vulnerabilities?
- How can a smart contract security audit identify vulnerabilities?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 7 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 7 Hours
- LIVE Instructor: 2 Hours+
- Tuition: $249
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hours||Live Online (optional)|
|Smart Contract Security||7 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Live Instructor AMA - Weekly||1 Hour+||Live Online (optional)|
|Additional Options (Add Ons)|
|LIVE Smart Contract Security Workshop||3 Hours||LIVE Online |
Enroll with Workshop below, $495
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, December 22, 2023 ...December 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Smart Contract Security Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Understand the challenges of smart contract security
Explore common smart contract vulnerabilities via sample code and case studies
Identify best practices for mitigating common smart contract errors
Discuss best practices for smart contract security
Identify key components of a smart contract security audit
Certificate of Completion – Smart Contract Security – 7 Hours
You must have an understanding of computing and a strong sense of blockchain. Completing the Web3 Foundations Career Track is advised. W3CB Web3 Foundations Level 1 Certification is required to sit for the W3CB Blockchain Security Professional Level 2 Certification exam.
The Blockchain Security course is for existing online security professionals, software developers, and technically capable managers to comprehend an enterprise blockchain application’s security implementation. Executives, project managers, and developers aligning their experience with this emerging technology need to be aware of security pros, cons, development, maintenance, and mitigation aspects.
Smart Contract Security Course Content
Module 1: Intro to Smart Contract Security
Module 2: General Programming Vulnerabilities
- General Programming Vulnerabilities
- Arithmetic Vulnerabilities
- External Library Functions
- Right-to-Left Control Characters
- Recap of General Programming Vulnerabilities
Module 3: Blockchain Vulnerabilities
- Blockchain-Specific Vulnerabilities
- Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Rollback Attacks
- Timestamp Dependence
- Weak Randomness
- Vulnerabilities Recap
Module 4: Ethereum-Specific Vulnerabilities
- Intro to Ethereum Vulnerabilities
- DoS Block Gas Limits
- DoS Unexpected Revert
- Forced Send of Ether
- Reentrancy Vulnerability
- Short Addresses
Bundled Certificate Programs Related to The Course
- Dates: Rolling Enrollment
- Location: OnDemand & LIVE Online
- Tuition: $249
- Tuition Assistance
- 7 Total Hours
- Module Quizzes and Knowledge Checks
- Guest Lectures & Networking
- Student Orientation
- LIVE Online Instructor AMAs
- Certification Exam Prep
Course content covers 25% of the Focus Area Certification Exam Competencies for the Web3 Certification Board (W3CB) Blockchain Security Professional Level 2 2023 Certification.
- AI Essentials
- Web3 Foundations
- Blockchain Foundations
- Blockchain & Bitcoin Intensive
- Exam Voucher: W3CB Web3 Foundations Certification Exam
- Key Management
- Blockchain Security
- Smart Contract Security
- Exam Voucher: W3CB Blockchain Government Advisor Certification Exam